TIM EVANS ENVIRONMENT is independent.
It is not linked to any particular technology and although it does work
for technology providers it is independent of them. Its objective is to
give impartial, confidential advice to clients in order that they are
able to achieve sustainable, cost-effective solutions that use the
technology that is most appropriate for their particular situation.
This is based on many years’ experience of actually working with and
managing a wide range of technologies for wastewater treatment,
biosolids and residuals treatment, recycling, farming and other land
A key principle is that solutions must comply with current (and
reasonably anticipated future) legal requirements, and that this
compliance should be demonstrable. On top of this the concerns and
perceptions of stakeholders should be recognised. If recycling is
involved there should be a market for the material being produced, and
there should be due diligence and an awareness of emerging issues.
Work to date has included:-
- Designing and managing sustainable biosolids
recycling that was fully traceable and compliant with all legal
requirements and met all time and financial targets.
- Internal benchmarking to identify opportunities for quality, efficiency and cost improvements.
trials into the effects of biosolids and composts on the yields and
quality of crops, soil metals, earthworm populations and effects on
evaluation and development of good
practice protocols for the use of wastewater biosolids and other
organic residuals as soil improvers based on the principles of Hazard
Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) so as to enable
strict-liability latent-defect insurance, including gradual pollution,
for a period of 25 years.
HACCP analyses for biosolids and waste processes from prevention of
pollution by control at sources, through treatment to the planning and
application of biofertilisers to land. Designing internal control
questionnaires and training their personnel so that they are enabled to
conduct internal audits and gap analyses and to roll out HACCP across
- Advising technology providers on
opportunities for new treatment technologies for organic residuals,
benchmarking them against their potential competitors, SWOT analyses
and in particular the likely impact of emerging legislation.
- Standards for composted materials
scoping study for a stakeholder partnership for using organic resources
on land, this involved stakeholder meetings, drafting a business plan
and a residential workshop.
- Re-evaluating a biosolids
strategy to provide a sustainable solution that was affordable and
practicable in the context of local geography, climate and farming and
that uses appropriate technology.
- Contributing to a
multidisciplinary team advising on a politically acceptable solution
for first time sewerage scheme in an arid region with high quality
tourism, that made the best use of all available resources for
financing the lifetime of the scheme.
- Designing safe compliant composting systems.
- Advising on emerging legislation.
- Strategic and organisational studies for new biosolids and residuals facilities.
- Design and costing a food waste recycling facility producing biofertiliser and biogas by anaerobic digestion
peat-free products for gardeners based on composted materials.
Designing the packaging, market research, launching these fast moving
consumer goods onto the wholesale market and managing production, sales
- Designing land drainage to intercept up-slope seepage and under-drainage to remove surface water
- Advice on phosphate recovery and ammonia treatment from process liquids.
- Environmental impact study of the contribution food waste disposers can make to household waste management
on residuals management for a wastewater treatment plant dedicated to a
large petrochemical and industrial complex and preparation of a code of
- Developed the Airbeam Roller Stockpile Cover (patented) the practicable solution to safe containment of stockpiles
Projects to date have been in Brazil, Cyprus, Egypt, England, Ireland, Nigeria, Slovakia, Scotland and USA.
- Process Design
- Anaerobic Digestion
- Marketing & branding
- Topsoil & land reclamation
- Land application
- Food waste disposers
- Perry Oaks Clearance
- Expert Witness